- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks or 1 cup of softened butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Organic Blue Agave Nectar Amber Syrup
- 3/4 cup Organic Blue Agave Nectar Syrup
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
Directions to Mix the Batter
Freshly cut agave heads ready to be baked in ovens. Beat the butter, eggs, agave and vanilla by an electric mixer or by hand in a medium-sized bowl until it turns fluffy and creamy. Then slowly add flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Mix thoroughly all the things together. Continue beating the mixture until it mixes well. When ready, make sure to add the chocolate chips to the dough. You may also add nuts if you like.
Preparing For Baking
Get an ungreased cookie sheet. Take a tablespoon to drop the dough into the cookie sheet (can be of whatever size you want the cookies to be). Keep a minimum of two inches gap in between each cookie. Line the cookie pans with parchment paper and spray them well.
In a preheated oven (at 375°F) place the tray of your cookies. Check the oven after 8 minutes, if the cookies turn golden brown then you can take them out. If they are not yet brownish in appearance, then let them get baked for another 2 minutes. The baking process would not take longer than 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool down for a minimum of 5 minutes.
Advantages of Using Agave Nectar
- The agave is sweeter than sugar, so you will require less of it.
- The liquid adds additional moisture to the recipe
- The cookies get cooked faster than sugar made ones
- The batter becomes stickier and gives rise to softer and moisture filled products
This natural organic sweetener recipe is a delicious one and will not harm your health.
Why Choose Nectave?
Nectave is a organic blue agave sweetener which when used according to suggested serving sizes, allows for the same sweetening power as sugar, but with less consumed calories. Additionally, Nectave Organic agave is sourced only from all-natural blue agave, which provides the highest quality.