Whether you are building or renovating any structure in San Diego, you will need to hire a professional surveyor to identify the boundaries and other critical information on the land. Only an established San Diego land surveying firm will have a knowledgeable team of professionals and high-quality tools to conduct swift surveys with accurate results, which will help you make informed decisions on your project. Their assistance will also be valuable when you are buying or selling property, and in some cases, before you demolish a structure. The following are the things you must consider when hiring the right land surveyor:
- Licensing – Choose only a licensed land surveyor in San Diego. They should also bear the right qualifications and certifications that will prove their trustworthiness and dependability as professionals. These factors also guarantee that they know and follow state regulations and industry standards when conducting land surveys.
- Experience – What do you want the San Diego land surveying company to do for you? The most experienced ones are adept in different surveying methods and services, such as ALTA/ACSM surveys, boundary or residential surveys, and geodetic surveys. They also conduct specialized services, like environmental, GPS, mapping, topographic, and 3D surveying. Make sure they can back up their experience with excellent feedback from their clients.
- The clients – An established land surveyor in San Diego would get a lot of repeat business from the public and private clients ranging from land brokers to developers, property owners, contractors, architects, engineers, government agencies, and attorneys. They get a lot of referrals, too. This serves as proof that they are able to deliver high-quality services that their customers love.
- Insurance – Make sure that the land surveying firm is insured. This will protect you from costly mistakes or just in case the surveyor gets in an accident while working on your property.
- Surveying methods – Leading San Diego land surveying firms use state-of-the-art techniques and technologies, such as 3D laser scanning and GPS, to deliver swift and accurate results. These tools will help you save time, too.
- Cost – Get a quote from at least two different land surveyors before hiring them. Compare their prices, but avoid choosing the cheapest service provider until you have proven that they can provide cost-effective and high-quality services.
About the Author:
Armando Dupont, a professional land surveyor, started his career in surveying in 1977 and has extensive experience in managing personnel and projects. His experience includes: topographic mapping, boundary surveys and analysis, construction and control surveying, preparation of tract and parcel maps, earth work calculation and quantities, targeting and control for photogrammetric, and land title surveys in accordance with the American Land Title Association and the American Congress on Surveying and Mapping. Mr. DuPont founded Calvada Surveying, Inc. in 1989 and is a licensed Professional Land Surveyor in the State of California.