Magoon Signs is a third generation, family owned commercial sign shop. Lowell J. Magoon started the business in 1924 at it's current location on Park Ave. His son, Ronald Magoon, along with his wife Marilyn, ran the business from 1960 to 1997 when he turned it over to his daughters, Sandy Almeida and Patty McArdle.
The business has seen many changes over the years. Lowell painted everything from service stations to billboards to vehicles and business signs. He was joined by sons Lowell E. and Ronald as the business grew to include beer and soda truck painting and lettering. They have painted ambulances, fire engines and helicopters. Over the years they have lettered large rice storage containers, tops & sides of buildings, airplane wings, tails and fuselages, not to mention thousands of signs.
80 years later, Sandy and Patty now carry on the family tradition by providing friendly, professional service. The new age is here with digital printing and computer aided design. But not forgotten, are the use of the pattern and paintbrush. They still use the "old fashioned" paintbrush technique as passed down through the generations. Their most recent display of this time-honored tradition is the graphics that they painted on the gymnasium floor at Marsh Jr. High.